Monday, August 20, 2012

Day One: We're Live!

After several months of careful consideration (and more than enough sometimes annoying "encouragement" from my husband) I have decided to go live with my pet services company, the Paw Brigade. Based in West Nashville, TN, for the time being I plan to cover other areas of Davidson county as well as the surrounding counties of Williamson and Cheatham.

It wasn't just my husband's persistant nature, but every time I took Millie and Harlie (my two furry babies) out for one of their (many) daily walks, I was reminded of my passion for animals. Harlie is the diva of the family, and Millie just kind of tags along like a little sister would, and gets into any trouble she can find. These posts will focus more on their antics (think John Grogan in Marley and Me) during our daily lives. That's Harlie in the photo. I hope to post some photos of Millie in the near future.

Take today for example. I believe I spent a full 20 minutes chasing Millie around the house because she decided that dirty laundry apparently tasted yummy compared to her new rawhide. Harlie is too "stuck up" to even think of taking laundry out of the basket, let alone dirty laundry. I guess it's true that dogs are like toddlers, and they get into EVERYTHING. But a lab? Labs can get into crevices and stir trouble up where you would least expect it as an owner. Millie once decided to chow down on a roll of Reynold's Wrap instead of her dinner (we feed them Acana Wild Prairie.) $500.00 later for tests and a very expensive mix of hydrogen peroxide and water, both my husband and I have learned that before we leave the house, everything that is within Millie's reach must be placed higher. Oh the things that dog can get into :). Thank goodness for pet insurance.

I only ask that while on this journey of blogging and walking, if you leave a comment, be courteous. Rude comments will be deleted and reported. I'm willing to listen to all advice from other pet owners out there, and hope to hear some crazy pet stories yourself. And of course, if you're one of my clients, I'd love to hear from you. My clients are like my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment